The Mabis Project | Science fiction thriller, read it online as it's written.

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 |   3-4  |   5-6  |   7-8  |   9-10  |   11-12  |   13-14  |   15-16  |   17-18  |   19-20  |   21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26
  |   27-29  | 30-32    | 33-35    | 36-38    | 39-41    | 42-43  
Chapter Three pages 44-46  |  47-49

Learn more about painted ponies

Friday, July 22, 2005

Chapter One: Pages 11-12

“3,2,1.” He said very quickly.

The sound of the gun firing silenced the zero. Dr. Marx fell over dead.

“Give me what I want.” The general yelled at me as he pointed his gun at Director Simon.

“3, 2, 1” He said even faster than the first time.

Again the sound of the gun silenced the zero.

“That was a bad shot, but the next one kills him, Give me what I want.”

“OK, Stop its 12222012.” I yelled.

“Director Simon, sorry.” the general said as he pulled the trigger again.

“I gave you what you wanted you jerk, why did you kill him?” I said angrily.

“It doesn’t concern you as to why, just the fact that it wasn’t you should be enough.”

“You prick.” I yelled as I charged at him.

“No No No, you can’t do that.” The general said, as he firmly placed the butt of his handgun into my forehead.

“Get up and get moving now, we’re going to the control room. We need your eye.”

Now you can get up and walk or I can cut one of yours out and carry it in there.” The general barked. “It’s your choice.”

“Just don’t hurt Sylvia Oz” I replied.

“Oh, so now I’m Oz am I.” The general said with a smile. “I like that, me and you on a first name basis for once. Makes me feel kind of special. But, you needn’t worry with her, you’re both safe for at least 14 more minutes.” He added.

General Oz gave me a swift kick in the back to get me up. Standing up was difficult with my hands tied behind me but general Oz seen to it that I had a helping yet hurtful hand in getting up.

Down the hall and into the control we went.

Standing by the main computer console was Mr. Jennings and one of the scientists from the presentation. As we approached Jennings turned and remarked, “Ah, Dr. Cole, so glad you could join us for such a miraculous event. If you would kindly place your eye over the retina scanner, I would be very appreciative.”

“How do I know you’re not going to kill me after I do this?” I asked.

“You have my word, besides I want you to see the new creation that you’ve been such a huge part of.” He answered.

I reluctantly bent down and let the scanner do its work. Afterwards they tossed me into one of the chairs we had set out for the guest that morning.

As I should’ve expected general Oz returned to my side.

“Mr. Jennings should I go ahead and do it now.” He said with his handgun pointed at my head.

“Wait a minute.” I screamed. “You said I would live at least to see the change.”

“Well Dr. Cole, I guess I lied to you. See you and Ms. Sylvia were intentionally left out when the code was written. Mainly because we’ve planned to kill you from the start.” Mr. Jennings replied. “We can’t have someone capable of ruining my machine running around anyway. You should’ve known that Cole, that’s your problem, you’re just too trusting.”

“But I do want to let you in on a little secret, everyone is getting a little rearranging done.”

“Oh, and you might be curious to known that your beloved Dr. Marx isn’t dead, he’s right over there.” He added with a snicker.

When I looked up I was shocked, true to his word there stood Dr. Marx alive and well.

“Hey there Cole, I know you’re confused but don’t worry. That was just a clone they killed in there. See we had to make sure you gave us what we wanted.” Marx said as he approached me. How did you think they got inside so easily?” Marx added as he shoved his ring in my face.

A large ring with a golden pyramid engraved in the center. It had an all seeing eye that was encrusted with diamonds at the apex and a large sun of gold dominating the background.

“You see that Cole, that’s the new mark of power. May it be the last thing you see before you die.” He said as he walked away.
“Now Cole, we’re going to get ready for a little party in 8 minutes. I’m so sorry you won’t be joining us.” Mr. Jennings said as he walked away.

Chapter One: Pages 13-14

Link to this story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 | 3-4  | 5-6  | 7-8  | 9-10  | 11-12  | 13-14  | 15-16  | 17-18  | 19-20  | 21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26  | 27-29  | 30-32  | 33-35  | 36-38  | 39-41  | 42-43

| Chapter Three pages 44-46