The Mabis Project | Science fiction thriller, read it online as it's written.

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 |   3-4  |   5-6  |   7-8  |   9-10  |   11-12  |   13-14  |   15-16  |   17-18  |   19-20  |   21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26
  |   27-29  | 30-32    | 33-35    | 36-38    | 39-41    | 42-43  
Chapter Three pages 44-46  |  47-49

Learn more about painted ponies

Friday, July 22, 2005

Chapter two pages 36-38

a lot faster. So in time all of us will understand most of all the great sciences.” He finished.

“So what does the nannite’s do?” Sylvia asked.

“It’s complicated but as far as expanded learning capabilities go. They basically turn on other parts of your brain.” My father replied.

“That’s amazing.” I said in disbelief. We must have traveled almost half a mile when we entered his section. He jumped off and started grabbing things tossing them into his hover cart.

“What can I do to help Dr. Cole? Sylvia asked.

“Yes grab everything in that cabinet beside you and put it in the cart.” My father replied. “And Frank get those boxes there and do the same.” He ordered.

“Yes sir.” I responded feeling like an 8 year old again. He just looked up and smiled and with our shared humor glanced over at Sylvia while raising his eyebrows a couple of times at me. I could see him chuckling under his breath. I could tell he still loved to tease me about girls. That was dear old dad he hadn’t changed a bit and that made me crack a smile.

We gathered up everything pretty quickly and jumped on a hover pad on the opposite side of the aisle. We traveled about halfway back when we stopped at a station. A woman was frantically loading her cart. You could tell she was having a hard time keeping it together. Her slick black hair was falling out of her ponytail onto her slender shoulders.

“Calm down Molly.” My father said. “We’re going to be ok. I would’ve been here sooner but you weren’t at your station when we passed the first time. And I need you to initialize Fetch for me.” He moved towards her and gave her a hug.

“I’m just on edge, worried that Jennings and his bunch are going to catch us. I went to the armory first.” Molly replied. “And who are these striking young people Frank?”

“This is my son Frank jr. and his friend Dr. Sylvia Personae. Can you activate fetch, Frank will give you a hand getting everything together. Sylvia and I need to use Fetch to get some very important information.” He continued.

“Sure, there you go.” She replied as she entered a code into a console similar to the one in the conference room.

“Ok Sylvia put both hands on the globe and concentrate on the items we want. I want you to visualize the moment you hid them. My father said.

I started to ask a question but Molly jabbed me with her elbow and gave me the shush sign.

“Can you see the first disk you hid?” he asked.

“Yes.” She replied as a flash of light engulfed the table in the corner.

“Can you see the second?” he asked.

“Yes” Another burst of light.

“The third”

“Yes”

“The fourth”

“Yes”

“Release the globe we’re finished.” He said.

She let go of the globe and immediately collapsed onto the floor. You could see she was drained from the experience.

“What just happened?” I asked as my father leaned over to check on her.

“What happened?” Sylvia asked a second later as she came out of her stupor.

“You just transported all four disk here by thought, thanks to Molly’s ingenuity and imagination I might add.” He replied.

“How?” I asked picking up the disk from what appeared to be the receiver.

“The shot I gave you gives you the ability to use the technology we develop. It’s a failsafe mechanism in case it falls into the wrong hands. Sylvia is just experiencing growing pains so to speak. It was very early for her to try this but it had to be done. As you and her get stronger, the instruments will become easier to control.” He answered.

“Physic abilities.” I said confused.

“Not exactly, you use your mind to power the machine and tell it what to teleport. It’s a very advanced teleportation device. Mollies trying to build small stand alone models that we can wear on our persons.” He replied.

“I could transport MABIS here with it couldn’t I?” I asked.

“I wish it was that easy. Right now MABIS will collapse the portal whenever it opens close to it. If it was off that’s another story.” He responded.

“Well it’s the start of a plan.” I said gratified at myself. It was always a competition between my father and I. He would always beat me in whatever we played or did. Growing up in my household wasn’t like others. From the time I was ten my father was using me as an assistant in his lab projects at home. I learned so much during those years, but that ended when I was sixteen. I looked over at him and couldn’t stop thinking how happy I was to see him again.

“Now let’s get Fetch loaded up so we can finish up.” He continued interrupting my daydream.

We loaded all of Mollies things into her hover cart and Sylvia rested to regain her strength. We all loaded up on the hover pad and in a few minutes we were back at the main doors. My father jumped off the pad and quickly motioned us to catch up.

“You move pretty well for an 82 year old man.” I yelled trotting to catch up with him.

Down from the conference room was another hall. He was waiting for us there and pointed to a small elevator across from him. We all jumped in and with a push of a button it felt as if we got shot out of a cannon.

“You just traveled half a mile in less than 6 seconds.” My father said. “I wish I had time to give you the full tour. You would be amazed at what we’ve done with this place.”

“So all of you built all of this?” Sylvia asked with a skeptical tone.

“You’re correct in your tonal suggestion. When Samuels found this place it already had most of the lighting, this elevator, the barracks were walking to now and something that made all of this possible.” He answered.

“We don’t have much time but follow me. There’s my room.” he pointed out as we trotted down the hall. At the end of the hall was another set of doors, when he opened it reflections took my eyesight momentarily.

“This is phenomenal.” I gasped looking at a library filled with emerald tablets. The shelves followed the staircase that encircled the room three times. Row upon row of shelves lined the center six shelves high.

“Quite a sight isn’t it, thirteen thousand tablets total.” He stated. We’ve translated every tablet in this room and have them stored in a database.

“This is the Hall of Records.” Sylvia said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 | 3-4  | 5-6  | 7-8  | 9-10  | 11-12  | 13-14  | 15-16  | 17-18  | 19-20  | 21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26  | 27-29  | 30-32  | 33-35  | 36-38  | 39-41  | 42-43

| Chapter Three pages 44-46