The Mabis Project | Science fiction thriller, read it online as it's written.

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 |   3-4  |   5-6  |   7-8  |   9-10  |   11-12  |   13-14  |   15-16  |   17-18  |   19-20  |   21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26
  |   27-29  | 30-32    | 33-35    | 36-38    | 39-41    | 42-43  
Chapter Three pages 44-46  |  47-49

Learn more about painted ponies

Friday, July 22, 2005

Chapter One: Pages 7-8

“What the heck is going on here?” I yelled.

“Well Mr. Cole this is the culmination of your life’s work” The general replied.

“What, Who are you?” I said.

“You can call me OZ.” He said with a chuckle.

“The wizard of OZ.” He finished.

“Geo, get Mr. Cole and take him with the others” He continued.

“I’m not going anywhere until you tell me what the heck is going on here.” I shouted.

“Nothing that won’t be very clear to you in a few minutes.” He replied.

Right then the scientist sitting at the computer looked over and said, “36 minutes till upload is complete.”

The general looked at me and said, “Let’s make that 36 minutes to be exact.”

Geo grabbed me, strapped my hands together and led me to the break room with the others.

“Are you okay?” Nathan said as I come through the door.

“He’ll be ok as long as he does what he’s told as well as the rest of ya.” Geo said as he exited the door.

“Yeah just confused.” I replied and sat down at the table with the others.

“How did they get in here with those weapons, this is supposed to be a top security facility Mr. Simon?” Voldorf asked.

Simon just shrugged his shoulder and then he said “You tell me, what’s going on here?”

“They were ceramic, they could’ve put the spring and mags in when the lights were dimmed.” Marx replied.

“It doesn’t matter how they got in, it’s what to do now. You know they have to want this thing for something” I said.

“The capabilities are endless if you have other receivers, but we haven’t built but one.” I continued. “We’re supposed to get approved for funding today and start building other receivers.”

“Well I wouldn’t be so sure about that Cole, isn’t that right Dr. Voldorf.” Sylvia said with a smirk.

I immediately turned my attention to Dr. Voldorf. “What is she talking about” I said.

“Well Frank old friend, I’ve got to be honest with you. Over the past four years we have duplicated your work. The one thing we were not able to duplicate was the Kings chamber. We built 52 receivers for a corporation called tri-tech. I had no idea they were going to do this, you’ve got to believe me Frank.” Voldorf pleaded.

“I believe you.” I replied.

I then turned to Sylvia and asked her, “How did you know about this?”

“About six months ago we completed a project for tri-tech. I led a team that calculated every variable for a virtual gaming system and converted it into binary code for CU crystal processing. I thought it was just for a game, something to appease corporate big wigs and their fantasy fascination. But last month when I learned of Voldorfs project, I began to get suspicious.”

“What in God’s name are you talking about?” Simon said.

At that moment the door opened and the room got very quiet.

“Well I don’t think he has anything to do with this. And I’m so very disappointed that it such a brilliant group of people can’t figure it out.”

“What are you up to?” I said.

The general just looked at me with a sinister smile and kicked me in the stomach. I immediately fell to my knees and began coughing blood. It was all I could do to not scream in pain. My shirt had torn and exposed a nine-inch gash across my abdomen. I shoved my elbows against it to stop the bleeding.

“You stupid man, you haven’t figured it out yet? It’s so simple, Sylvia knows, don’t you Sylvia. Yes now Sylvia is a pupil worth converting to our side.” The general said very sadistically. He walked over to Sylvia and grabbed her by the throat and began to rub the tip of his gun in her face.

Chapter One: Pages 9-10
Link to this story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 | 3-4  | 5-6  | 7-8  | 9-10  | 11-12  | 13-14  | 15-16  | 17-18  | 19-20  | 21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26  | 27-29  | 30-32  | 33-35  | 36-38  | 39-41  | 42-43

| Chapter Three pages 44-46