The Mabis Project | Science fiction thriller, read it online as it's written.

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 |   3-4  |   5-6  |   7-8  |   9-10  |   11-12  |   13-14  |   15-16  |   17-18  |   19-20  |   21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26
  |   27-29  | 30-32    | 33-35    | 36-38    | 39-41    | 42-43  
Chapter Three pages 44-46  |  47-49

Learn more about painted ponies

Friday, July 22, 2005

Chapter Two pages 24-26

Title: The MABIS Project
Chapter Two: Reunited
Author: Stan Corley
Date: July 19, 2005Genre: Science FictionPages: 21
Word Count: 8198

4:50pm At the complex Oz and Geo are sitting in an office when Jennings enters.

“Geo, get to the control room and update me on phase two progress.” Barked Jennings.

“Oz, where are we at on the search for Cole and the girl?” Jennings asked.

“Well it seems the program is working wonderfully. Cole’s own wife called him in, but we missed him by a few minutes.” Replied Oz as he tossed a file folder onto Jennings desk. Jennings opened the folder as Oz continued. “As of now Cole and Ms. Presonae are wanted for the murder of one Dr. Voldorf.”

“Very good, I want you to personally oversee this operation. When you have them, bring them to me. Said Mr. Jennings as Dr. Marx puts his head in the door.

“Jennings, we’ve got a problem.” Said Marx.

“Come in Nathan, what is it?” replied Jennings.

“The MABIS reader finished running it’s initial analysis. We found that not everyone was affected by the realignment Ken, there’s almost eighty thousand of them.” Marx said.

“Well that’s quite insignificant Nathan, out of 10 billion people, it’s a drop in the bucket. Just run the names against our programming and find out if there are any key positions that were affected. Oz get arrest warrants issued for the rest of them. Tell the police these are rebel insurgents and are wanted dead or alive.” Replied Jennings.

“No problem boss.” Oz responded as he stood and exited the room.

“That’s a big number Ken aren’t you concerned about it?” Marx asked.

“Not at all, those that aren’t killed will have a choice to join the global community or die anyway. Think about it, most of them are rational people wouldn’t you agree?” Ken asked.

“Yes” Marx answered.

Jennings said. “Back to business at hand, be ready to fly to council headquarters in a few minutes. You should enjoy this we’ll be riding the aurora craft there. From there we’re going to Egypt. As planned.” Jennings said.

“My bags are already packed.” Marx replied.

“Good then, get that list of unaffected people to Oz as soon as possible.” Jennings ordered. “Now let’s get out of here.”

5:38 pm I-80 East

Sylvia and I finished our conversation when I realized that we needed gas and needed it fast.

“We’ve got to try and get gas.” I said.

“Do you have a cap or something in here?” Sylvia asked.

“Yes I do, behind the seat I have a cap and jacket.” I answered.

“I’ll put them on and go pay, you just pump as fast as you can and keep your face down.” Sylvia replied. Tossing the cap on her head and putting the jacket Sylvia exited the truck door. She looked pretty funny walking across the parking lot in those clothes. I couldn’t help but to chuckle at her.

Sylvia walked into the store and directly to the counter.

“Forty dollars in gas on number eight over there.” Sylvia said crisply as she handed the clerk two twenty-dollar bills. Sylvia quickly walked out with the cashier asking her if she wanted a receipt.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a police car enter the parking lot. My heart started racing as I turned towards my vehicle. I heard the car door open and saw Sylvia sit down turning her head and signaling me to hurry up. I just looked at her and motioned that I can’t speed up the pump.

I looked back at the police car. They had parked in front of the store and were getting out. One of the policemen was tall and well built. The other was short and fat, a typical lazy policeman. They both were laughing and joking as they neared the entrance when my worst fears came true.

The short beady-eyed cop looked over at us and immediately pulled his gun. His partner reached for his shoulder and keyed his mike to report us.

“Freeze right where you’re at Dr. Cole.” The cop yelled.

“Sylvia Personae, please step out of the vehicle with your hands up.” The tall cop yelled.

I put my hands up and turned to the officer, looking at Sylvia as she glanced back at me in disbelief. As I finished turning I saw something out of the corner of my eye, I saw something phenomenal.

In a blink of an eye Sylvia’s seat glowed white and she just disappeared.

The cop looked at me with a bewildered stare and ordered me to the ground. When I looked at my feet, I saw a flash of light around my waist. Everything was totally white for a few seconds.

The next thing I saw was Sylvia standing in front of me. It appeared that we were in a large circular room.

“Welcome Dr. Cole and Dr. Personae.” Someone said behind us. We immediately turned around and was awe struck at what we saw. It wasn’t the man we were looking at either. Behind him was a large window and we could see the entire earth. He was in front of us, his face was very familiar to me, but his wardrobe was like a monks robe. It was a radiant blue color with golden stitching around the neck. It ran down the arms surrounding the bottom with an exquisite pattern of shapes and circles.

“I know you’re a little disoriented. It will go away in a moment.” The man said.

“We’re orbiting earth.” Sylvia exclaimed.

“Yes you’re on an aircraft and take a seat quickly, we’re descending.” He replied.

“Who are you?” I yelled. “And what are we doing here? Do you work for Jennings?” I continued.

“Dr. Samuels, in a minute and NO. Now sit down.” Samuels responded.

“I’m not sitting down till you answer me.” I yelled back at him.

He sat down just before the craft slammed into the atmosphere. I immediately fell to the floor and was on my knees when I looked up to see him looking at me.

“I told you to sit down.” He jested.

“Very funny.” I replied as I crawled to a seat and hoisted myself up. Sylvia was chuckling under her breath.

“You’re not worried?” I whispered to Sylvia.

“That’s Dr. Lewis Samuels, I know his face anywhere Frank.” She answered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 | 3-4  | 5-6  | 7-8  | 9-10  | 11-12  | 13-14  | 15-16  | 17-18  | 19-20  | 21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26  | 27-29  | 30-32  | 33-35  | 36-38  | 39-41  | 42-43

| Chapter Three pages 44-46