The Mabis Project | Science fiction thriller, read it online as it's written.

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 |   3-4  |   5-6  |   7-8  |   9-10  |   11-12  |   13-14  |   15-16  |   17-18  |   19-20  |   21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26
  |   27-29  | 30-32    | 33-35    | 36-38    | 39-41    | 42-43  
Chapter Three pages 44-46  |  47-49

Learn more about painted ponies

Friday, July 22, 2005

Chapter One: Pages 15-16

“Like a fox in a henhouse ready to feast.” Oz replied.

“Good, get the car prepared, we’ve got a date with the media. Geo stay here and make sure the program is running smoothly. We need everything to go as planned.” Jennings ordered.

Back at the vent shaft.

We climbed out of the fire exit expecting super soldiers to be guarding them. Luckily we were early they were still massing in the front of the complex. The entrance we came out of is almost a half a mile away and surrounded by huge rocks. We stayed low and under the cover to observe.

The soldiers were organizing into groups of 4 and setting patrols as far as we could tell. There appeared to be almost 100 of them amassed in front of the complex. We quickly began walking the opposite way.

“What are they doing?” I asked.

“They’re getting ready to secure the perimeter, in 20 minutes, nothing will be able to get close to this base.” She replied. “And the disk I have has information that Jennings is planning on using these soldiers as police for his new world.”

“We need to get to that disk and turn him in.” I said.

“If it was that easy. You’ve seen what he’s capable of, what he done to that guy. That was before the transformation Cole. If he had that kind of power before, what kind of power will he have now? Do you really think the law is going to be able to help you?” She replied.

“You’re right, let’s get out of here.” I said.

After about an hour of steady walking we stopped for a rest.

“I don’t know where we’re at but if we stay close to that old road maybe we’ll come across something or someone that can get us out of here.” Sylvia said.

“I can’t believe that prick Jennings.” I yelled. Finally displaying the anger built up inside of me. “The greatest find in mankind is hijacked by a freak.”

“Sylvia this was supposed to help humanity, not curse it. I envisioned it creating simple things like bridges, roads, buildings and maybe even curing the ill. I simply can’t believe that Jennings did this.” I finished.

“Calm down Frank, he’s used us for years and now we’re paying for it. Every job I’ve worked on for the past 6 years has in someway been tied to Tri-Tech. I bet money if you look, they’ve been involved in yours too.” Sylvia said.

“What else did you see on that disk?” I asked. “I know you know more than your letting on, tell me what you know.”

“Frank, the disk has so much information on it, I haven’t seen it all. I told you everything in there with Oz the creep. Plus it’s hidden and we need to get to it. It’s our only proof of Jennings plans. This is the only way we can expose him.” She replied.

“I’m hoping there’s something on there to stop him.” I said.

“You’re not going after him are you? You saw what he did to that guy in there. He sucked the life right out of him. How are you going to combat that?” She asked.

“If we can get to that disk, we can figure out a way to fix this. This is all my fault.” I answered.

Just then we saw a dust cloud coming from up the road. Sylvia and I quickly hid and observed the vehicle. It was an old beat-up ford truck. I looked at Sylvia and said. “We can we hitch a ride with this guy.”

The old ford truck made a terrible noise as it turned the corner and started down the stretch of road we were hiding on. The old driver almost had a heart attack when she jumped from behind the rocks and started waving our arms in the air. The driver slammed on brakes to keep from hitting Sylvia. She just calmly looked back at me and said “That’s how you do it.”

“What’s a pretty little lady like you doing out here all alone?” The driver asked her.

“Well she’s not alone.” I said as I steeped from behind the rock.

“Hi there, we’re kind-of lost, can you give us a ride to town?” Sylvia asked with a basset hounds charm.

“Well sure, you and your husband are more than welcome to ride into town with me.” The driver replied.

“Ah, he’s not my husband.” Sylvia said in response.

Once we were in the truck, the driver introduced himself.

“Well you can call me Hank, what’s your names?” He asked.

“I’m Frank and this is Sylvia.” I replied.

Chapter One: Pages 17-18
Link to this story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 | 3-4  | 5-6  | 7-8  | 9-10  | 11-12  | 13-14  | 15-16  | 17-18  | 19-20  | 21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26  | 27-29  | 30-32  | 33-35  | 36-38  | 39-41  | 42-43

| Chapter Three pages 44-46