The Mabis Project | Science fiction thriller, read it online as it's written.

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 |   3-4  |   5-6  |   7-8  |   9-10  |   11-12  |   13-14  |   15-16  |   17-18  |   19-20  |   21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26
  |   27-29  | 30-32    | 33-35    | 36-38    | 39-41    | 42-43  
Chapter Three pages 44-46  |  47-49

Learn more about painted ponies

Friday, July 22, 2005

Chapter One: Pages 17-18

“Frank how did you two get out here in the middle of nowhere? The Hank asked curiously.

“We like to hike, Hank. We were coming up the east side, when we got chased by a pack of dogs. We simply dropped our packs to out run them.” I answered. “We lost our bearings and have been following this road since we found it a few hours ago.”

“That’s quite a story there Frank.” Hank said with a sigh of disbelief.

“But anyway, Ya’ll better hang on tight, the road gets a little rough around here.” Hank added as the truck started to jolt from the bumps and loose rocks that covered the desert roadway.

After the minor beating from the truck was over, I asked Hank.
“So what you doing so far out?”

“I’m returning from a dig. I’m a geologist at the University of Nevada. We’ve been pulling some samples of a cavern about 40 miles back the other way.” Hank replied.

“The way you and lovely here was wandering, you two would’ve died if you kept walking that way. There’s nothing for 100 miles after the dig site.” He added.

“So where can I drop you off?” Hank asked as we rolled to a stop at the main roadway.

“Town, we left our car at the old store.” Sylvia replied as her eyes glanced my way.

“One old store in town coming up.” Hank said as pulled onto the highway.

A couple of minutes later we pulled up to the old store in Knolls. I had been here once before but I didn’t go anywhere except my home in Delle and work. Hank let us out and we told him thanks for the ride. With a big smile he said, “anytime.” And drove off.

“I’ll call my wife and have her pick us up it will take about 40 minutes for her to get here.” I said. I needed to get home and get my research papers.

“Let’s get something to eat while we wait.” Sylvia said pointing to the restaurant across from the store. “I’m starving.”

Without hesitation I agreed with her and we darted across the road to the diner. We walked in and took our seat, only to find the T.V on the news.

TV Talk show announcer: So you think these people are a part of the rapture Bishop Ramey?

Bishop Ramey: Yes I do George all of the signs for the end are in place. I believe that when they stop counting there will be exactly 144,000 just like the book of revelations reveals.

Sitting across from the bishop Les Flannery responds: This is ridiculous, we all know that book is nothing but all fairy tales and myths. These people were most likely zapped by some weapon the rebels have come up with. Just like our bishop over there, they believe it is the end of the world. Its utter nonsense.

Bishop Ramey: For years you have asked for a sign, what more do you need to believe?

Les Responded sarcastically: Why didn’t you go Mr. Ramsey? If your so holy and sitting here preaching why didn’t you go?

“He was right.” Sylvia said. “They’re fighting already.”

“Unfortunately so.” I replied as the waitress approached and sat 2 glasses of water on the table.

“What will you two be having today.” The waitress asked.

“I’ll have a burger, fries and a coke.” I said. “And here.” Pushing the glass towards her. “ Could I have one more glass of water please?”

“Sure.” The waitress then turned and asked Sylvia, “And you miss?”

“I’ll have a tuna on rye with a salad and a large water.” Sylvia replied.

“Your order will be here in a few minutes.” The waitress said.

“You know you’re going to kill yourself eating all that fat and grease Frank.” Sylvia remarked. I just laughed any reply would’ve been a lost effort.

Right then Sylvia slapped my arm and pointed back to the TV. “Look” She said.

I couldn’t believe it Jennings was on T.V. What was he up to now?

TV announcer: We apologize for the interruption; The Global Council has announced an immediate television press conference to cover today’s disturbing events.

Jennings to TV audience: Global Community, let me assure you everything that can be done is being done at this very moment. For those just tuning in, about one hour ago over 100,000 global citizens disappeared without a trace. A group of the best investigators in the world are working on it as we speak. Unfortunately we have no answers at this time.



Chapter One: Pages 19-20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 | 3-4  | 5-6  | 7-8  | 9-10  | 11-12  | 13-14  | 15-16  | 17-18  | 19-20  | 21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26  | 27-29  | 30-32  | 33-35  | 36-38  | 39-41  | 42-43

| Chapter Three pages 44-46