The Mabis Project | Science fiction thriller, read it online as it's written.

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 |   3-4  |   5-6  |   7-8  |   9-10  |   11-12  |   13-14  |   15-16  |   17-18  |   19-20  |   21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26
  |   27-29  | 30-32    | 33-35    | 36-38    | 39-41    | 42-43  
Chapter Three pages 44-46  |  47-49

Learn more about painted ponies

Friday, July 22, 2005

Chapter Two pages 30-32

“Yes, the backwoods Utah cops figured they disappeared like everyone else today. They reported it to the missing persons special hotline instead of calling it in. Our contact at the center for missing persons reported it to me just a moment ago.” Oz replied.

Jennings looked at Oz and said. “Call our friend Fontou over at the intelligence bureau and tell him to start phase three as soon as possible. And what of the unaffected?

“Only a portion of the unaffected have been detained 23,690 total and the rest are being located and will be apprehended by the six am in the morning.” Oz answered. “We placed one hundred of them at the bio-lab in Utah. A group of our best scientist has begun testing to find out why the realignment didn’t work on them.”

“Good work now I know why I keep you around. Forget about the manhunts call them off. After you make that call they won’t have a choice anyway.”

6:19pm somewhere in South America

The hallway we entered was very large a semi-truck could drive down it with room to spare. Large crystal light beams stretched down the sides of the hall. Samuels opened the first door he came to on the right and held it open so we could enter.

When we stepped inside it was like being transported to a palace. The room was stunningly beautiful with twelve fully armored 14th century knights encompassing the room. In the middle of the room was a large mahogany conference table with 7 people sitting around it. Except for one he was standing over by the mahogany bookshelf.

I immediately recognized almost everyone at the table. One thing was for sure everyone looked the same as the last time I saw them. I thought that was strange seeing how some of the scientist supposedly died over 20 years ago.

Even Samuels, that’s when I did the math in my head. Samuels was 42 when he disappeared in seventy-five that would make him seventy-five years old. He looked nothing like a seventy five year old man.

“Dr Cole, there’s someone that has been waiting to see you.” Samuels said.

When Samuels said that I immediately looked at the man standing by the bookshelf. He slowly turned around and in an all too familiar tone I heard the words I haven’t heard in 24 years.

“Hello Son.” Said my father.

I was speechless, I looked at Sylvia and she just smiled and gave me a wonderful look. I couldn’t control myself it was like I was 8 years old again. I ran across the room and grabbed my father tightly. What a feeling to put my arms around him again.

“I thought you was dead.” I said with tears pouring out of my eyes.

“Actually Son, I was almost dead. When a light appeared around me and lifted right out of the fire. The next thing I knew Dr. Samuels was explaining what he did and why.” My father explained. “I wanted to tell you so badly son, but you’ve got to understand the importance of maintaining the secrecy of what we do here.”

“You haven’t aged a day dad, how old are you 82?” I asked.

“Yes my son, I’m 82.” He answered.

“How do you do it?” I asked.

Right then Samuels announced. “I hate to interrupt the family reunion, but times wasting. Jennings will know we grabbed them and will start searching for our location very soon. We need to prepare, so if I may ”

I turned to the group in disbelief.

“So you all know what Jennings did?” I said loudly. “Why didn’t you stop him?” I asked.
“Most importantly how come none of you were affected by the particle realignment?” I added fervently.

“We’re dead, the program didn’t count for the dead as far as we know. As far as the facility goes luckily we installed a shield around the facility a few years back. The forest landscape code Ms. Personae’s team wrote into this area simply slid off the shield. We protected numerous sites this way.” Samuels replied.

“If you can fly up there why don’t you take out the satellites?” I responded.

“Each satellite is armed with a level 4 ion cannon and a pulse shield. No one can get close.” My father said. “Plus the Air Force has twenty four aurora aircraft. They’re good enough to get us when we’re not looking or if they have us outnumbered, but head to head our ships are far superior.”

“We need to get to Sylvia’s house now.” I said.

“Why?” My father asked.

“Sylvia has a copy of the Tri-Tech hard drive hidden in her house. That’s where we was going when Samuels grabbed us.” I answered. The table got quiet as everyone realized what I had just said.

The red headed lady beside Sylvia spoke up. “What do you know so far?”

“Oh, forgive me. Dr. Cole this is Dr. Amanda Richards biogenetic expert, died 1984.” Samuels said with a chuckle. “This is Dr. Alexander, Dr. Holman, Dr. Spikes, Dr. Yosi, Dr. Wells and Dr. Pation. Along with your father, we comprise the council elected by the scientist living here.” Samuels added.

Sylvia immediately cut in and told them what she knew about Jennings plans. Along with a detail description of what we had seen inside the complex. All of them, even my father, sat listening intrigued by the super soldiers and the plans for the clone swapping.

She was just finishing her story when a woman stuck her head in the door and told us to turn the receiver on and tune into CNN.

“What now.” Samuels exclaimed while he walked to a small console sitting in front of the room. He touched one of the crystals and an image appeared above the console. Much nicer than the hologram we was working with on ADORA. This was real time television signal, beautiful. One thing was certain this was the place to begin an attack on Jennings.

TV announcer: We are now taking you to the Global council building for an impromptu press conference. The Global intelligence agency director Gerald Fontou is preparing to make a statement.

The camera follows as Fontou exits out of the building and approached the podium.

Fontou: “At 6pm this evening we apprehended a team of rebels responsible for the disappearances. They managed to hijack eight top-secret aircraft, from a Nevada test site, with the aid of an insider. That aircraft the hijacked goes by the name of Aurora. In 1994 the then USA decommissioned the Stealth and began using it for high altitude monitoring of enemy countries.”

“Since the two thousand and five terrorist attacks that formed the G10 and ultimately the global council, the global community has worked together to achieve space flight and develop technology to defend the earth from hostile races. Since the inception of the SETI project no aliens have been encountered prompting a review that began late last year. The review board determined the money spent on these craft would be better spent in a law enforcement capacity.”

“If you’ll point your cameras to the field on the left you’ll see the machine we’re discussing.”

Out of nowhere a large triangular shaped aircraft hovering about ten feet above the ground uncloaked.

Fontou continued: “This aircraft is armed with ion pulse cannons and when initiated will disintegrate anything in it’s path without any visible evidence. The rebels attempted to usher in their “Rapture” by maliciously killing 144,000 people and destroying eighteen global government buildings.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 | 3-4  | 5-6  | 7-8  | 9-10  | 11-12  | 13-14  | 15-16  | 17-18  | 19-20  | 21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26  | 27-29  | 30-32  | 33-35  | 36-38  | 39-41  | 42-43

| Chapter Three pages 44-46