The Mabis Project | Science fiction thriller, read it online as it's written.

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 |   3-4  |   5-6  |   7-8  |   9-10  |   11-12  |   13-14  |   15-16  |   17-18  |   19-20  |   21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26
  |   27-29  | 30-32    | 33-35    | 36-38    | 39-41    | 42-43  
Chapter Three pages 44-46  |  47-49

Learn more about painted ponies

Friday, July 22, 2005

Chapter two pages 39-41

“Correct this is one of them.” My father replied. “The other is under the sphinx, but the Egyptian government won’t let anyone near it. See as they see it, if it was discovered then they lose their “ancient influence” status within the world. So it will never be unearthed.” He continued.

“Here’s something you maybe interested in Sylvia, we used your Algorithm to index all of these archives. See.” He stated as he pointed to a computer screen on the wall. Sure enough the first software company she created Net Force software. The logo was still shining brightly in the corner, just as she remembered.

“That software is old.” She remarked.

“Yes the core program is, but our programmers have modified it to keep up with the time.” He answered. “Field trips over, we have to get to my personal stuff and get us all to the armory before they shut it down.”

We raced back up the hall and entered into his living quarters.

“Wait here while I grab my things.” He said already buzzing about the room gathering papers, books and a few clothes.

The room was quaint with a small desk on one wall, a bed in the far corner and a small night table. Everything was built of the same strange metal the craft was made of.

“Let’s go.” He said tossing his book bag to me. We made our way back to the elevator and shot back up to the main floor. We followed my father down the hall and through a series of turns. Finally coming to a stop in front of a set of double doors.

We walked through the double doors and made way to the back of the line. Dr. Samuels was in front of us. He turned around and greeted us with handshakes.

“I take it they’ve had a quick tour of the facility.” Samuels asked.

“Very little sir, but the Hall of records was amazing.” I replied.

“You don’t have to call me sir. But now you see why we must protect this place. Jennings must never get his hands on those records.” Samuels said.

“That’s why you never released the find to the public isn’t it.” I implied.

“Exactly.” He answered. “The truth would rewrite every history book. Talk with your father about it in detail sometime. He was one of the main scientists on the translation project. He translated twice as many documents as the closest scientist. Isn’t that right old friend.”

“He’s correct Frank, we worked for three years getting all of that information logged in the database. Now we’ve worked for twenty or twenty one years and have only built one tenth of the stuff in the database.” My father added.

“Next.” The man behind the counter shouted. “Oh Dr. Samuels, Dr. Cole my apologies I didn’t know it was you.”

We followed Dr. Samuels and received a large backpack, which was pretty heavy. At the next station we were given smaller sacks that fit around our waist. I wanted to open them up and find out what was inside, but my father had already proceeded out the door.

With Sylvia directly behind me we struggled to keep up with the old man. But once we got to the hanger we stopped to get on board a hover pad. Finally a chance to catch my breath, I was tired and I knew it was showing. After a short ride we exited the pad at his craft. The first thing I noticed was a name painted on the edge with spray paint. It read “The Connie Cole”.

I never knew my mom very well she died when I was young. I couldn’t help but to drop a tear right there where I stood. The obvious show of love from my father made me feel for his pain. I knew he still missed her and this was his way of keeping her close.

“Welcome aboard the Connie Cole.” My father said as we entered his craft. “Take a seat and listen up, we only have four minutes till we’re cued to launch and in eight minutes we’ll be in orbit. I’ve got a few things to go over with you two.”

“First look in front of me, the holographic images you see is the control panel. Flight controls, weapons, shields and gauges such as the hull temp, engine temp, onboard diagnostics, its all here. Flight paths can be uploaded to the mainframe and autopilot set here. As you see I just did.”

” Navigation is accomplished by plotting coordinates via this touch pad. You simply touch the map pad where you want to go, as you can see it then displays on the control panel here and the craft does the rest.” He continued pointing at the 3D holographic map on the control panel.

“Weapons are used in much the same way. This touch pad is used to select targets, just select the target from either the land map or aerial radar side.”

“All other functions are done by touching these symbols along the physical console here. If both of you look at the wall beside your seats. There will be a seam with these symbols in it. Those are sub controls for use during combat. If I tell you to push a symbol touch it and it will engage.” He continued.

“What do these symbols do?” I asked looking at geometric shapes spanning the seam.

“You’ll learn soon enough, we don’t have enough time to cover them all. Now I want you to open your small knapsacks.” He said as a voice emerged over the radio.

“Please move your crafts into cue.” The voice said. The craft slowly lifted off the ground and moved to the center of the bay behind number three.

“What into cue mean?” I asked.

“See the red line we just hovered over. That is a magnetic pulse track that begins at the back of the hanger and goes to the exit outside. When we line up and hover over it, the generator starts sending magnetic pulses down the track. Each pulse is tuned into each craft. The first pulse will actually launch the number one craft out of the hanger. The craft is grabbed by the pulse and pulled like a levitation train.” He answered. Getting a short and simple answer from him was impossible.

“Now you got your knapsacks out yet? Reach in and get the bottle of pink pills and take one. Don’t take the red, blue or green ones, just one pink. It will help with fight the effects of the flight on your bodies.” He continued.

I tossed the pill in my mouth and it dissolved within a couple of seconds.

“Tasty, kind of like strawberry kiwi.” I said.

“What are all of these other pills for Mr. Cole.” Sylvia asked as the voice came back over the intercom.

“UFO 4 prepare for pulse initiation.” The voice said. The craft jerked us back so fast we were literally pinned to the seat. In seconds we were screaming through the hanger like a speeding bullet and out of the hanger within moments soaring through the clouds. I looked at the screen in front of my father and could see we would be in orbit in a few seconds. I was amazed at the things my father and his colleagues had done.

“I’ll take that over a ride at six flags any day.” Sylvia blurted out in excitement. I could understand where she was coming from. Even with all that had happened we were like kids in a candy store.

My father interrupted my thoughts when he said. “To answer your question Sylvia, you listening Frank?” I nodded my head yes. “You have 200 of the red, blue, green and pink pills.”

“What kind of combat pack is this? Where are the guns?” I asked arrogantly.

“Give me a minute and hold on.” He answered. We immediately dropped out of the sky like a rock. I could feel my stomach in my throat just like a ride at the fair. Until we crashed into the atmosphere and the craft slowed down. Within a few moments we were heading straight for the ocean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 | 3-4  | 5-6  | 7-8  | 9-10  | 11-12  | 13-14  | 15-16  | 17-18  | 19-20  | 21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26  | 27-29  | 30-32  | 33-35  | 36-38  | 39-41  | 42-43

| Chapter Three pages 44-46