The Mabis Project | Science fiction thriller, read it online as it's written.

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 |   3-4  |   5-6  |   7-8  |   9-10  |   11-12  |   13-14  |   15-16  |   17-18  |   19-20  |   21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26
  |   27-29  | 30-32    | 33-35    | 36-38    | 39-41    | 42-43  
Chapter Three pages 44-46  |  47-49

Learn more about painted ponies

Friday, July 22, 2005

Chapter two pages 27-29

“Sylvia Personae, please step out of the vehicle with your hands up.” The tall cop yelled.

I put my hands up and turned to the officer, looking at Sylvia as she glanced back at me in disbelief. As I finished turning I saw something out of the corner of my eye, I saw something phenomenal.

In a blink of an eye Sylvia’s seat glowed white and she just disappeared.

The cop looked at me with a bewildered stare and ordered me to the ground. When I looked at my feet, I saw a flash of light around my waist. Everything was totally white for a few seconds.

The next thing I saw was Sylvia standing in front of me. It appeared that we were in a large circular room.

“Welcome Dr. Cole and Dr. Personae.” Someone said behind us. We immediately turned around and was awe struck at what we saw. It wasn’t the man we were looking at either. Behind him was a large window and we could see the entire earth. He was in front of us, his face was very familiar to me, but his wardrobe was like a monks robe. It was a radiant blue color with golden stitching around the neck. It ran down the arms surrounding the bottom with an exquisite pattern of shapes and circles.

“I know you’re a little disoriented. It will go away in a moment.” The man said.

“We’re orbiting earth.” Sylvia exclaimed.

“Yes you’re on an aircraft and take a seat quickly, we’re descending.” He replied.

“Who are you?” I yelled. “And what are we doing here? Do you work for Jennings?” I continued.

“Dr. Samuels, in a minute and NO. Now sit down.” Samuels responded.

“I’m not sitting down till you answer me.” I yelled back at him.

He sat down just before the craft slammed into the atmosphere. I immediately fell to the floor and was on my knees when I looked up to see him looking at me.

“I told you to sit down.” He jested.

“Very funny.” I replied as I crawled to a seat and hoisted myself up. Sylvia was chuckling under her breath.

“You’re not worried?” I whispered to Sylvia.

“That’s Dr. Lewis Samuels, I know his face anywhere Frank.” She answered.

“But he’s dead.” I whispered back.

“Not dead Dr. Cole, I’m alive and well as well as someone else you else you know. Samuels remarked out of the blue.

“What are you talking about, someone else I know. You said you didn’t work for Jennings then what are we doing here? I replied.

“It will all be clear in a few minutes.” Samuels said.

“We have something we have to do and you’re screwing up our plans.” I shouted noticeably upset.

“We’re here, see the screen.” Samuels said as he pointed at the large window and lush jungle extended for as far as the eye could see. We immediately stopped and began to descend slowly.

“Rumor had it you built 20 of these since the 60’s and that the discovery of anti-gravity was the reason you were killed.” Said Sylvia.

“That’s two thirds true. As you see I’m alive.” I remarked.

“I always thought there was something to the internet stuff. I read an article that said you faked your death and assisted other scientist in faking theirs. The story claimed you went to South America and started a secret scientific community.” Sylvia continued.

“Where are we?” I interrupted still upset that we couldn’t get to the disk.

“South America” answered Samuels.

I looked at Sylvia she was looking down at her watch.

“It’s 5:47 we made it to South America in less than 10 minutes.’ Sylvia exclaimed.

“Would’ve been faster if Dr. Cole would’ve sat down sooner.” Samuels replied. “And yes the article is true. I’ve helped many scientists rid themselves of fear. See, when you work for a country, they can do whatever they want with what you create or discover. You have no say whatsoever. The fear actually prohibits the growth of science.” Samuels continued. “What we’ve done is sacrifice our notoriety and fame to study real science without boundaries.”

“Why did you snatch us up, that’s what I want to know Dr. Samuels.” I barked as the craft stopped moving and a door opened to our left.

“You’ll find out right now Dr. Cole.” He replied.

When we exited the craft Sylvia could barely control herself. We were in an underground hanger that was at least five football fields long. The ceiling rose to an arching point of over 200 ft and was carved out of a very dark rock. The entire hanger was lit yet there was not one electrical plug or wire on the walls. Running down the center of the ceiling was a ten foot beam of crystal. The crystal was emitting enough light to light every inch of the hanger.

As far as the eye could see were other aircraft. All exactly the same as the one we just exited. The hulls were light silver and shimmered as if made of glass. Most of the crafts were triangular in shape with large circular bellies. One sitting in the rear of the hanger was shaped like a half circle and about five times larger than the others.

“Almost everyone that lives here is proficient at flying these. We call them UFO’s for a joke. You just left UFO 1 and we have a total of 36 craft.” Samuels said. “This way.” He added as he headed for a set of large double doors.

“How do you know Jennings didn’t track you? He owns the sky’s.” I asked.

“Those vehicles are equipped with technology that allows us to fly undetected. In time you’ll learn how it all works.” Samuels replied.

“In time, I don’t have time, we have things to do. We have to stop Jennings.” I said in a frustrated tone.

“You can’t do this alone and we’ve got the resources here to make it happen. All of us here know what is going on and are working towards that goal too Dr. Cole.” Samuels replied as he opened the double doors.

Everything I was feeling simply fell by the wayside when I peered through the doors for the first time. The floor gleamed as if of diamond, but was clearly well shined marble. From the ceiling hung wagon wheel shaped crystal chandeliers without bulbs. The chandeliers shined just as brightly as the crystal in the hanger.

For hundreds of yards to the east and west I could see people buzzing about there work. We followed the walkway to the intersection with a large walkway that divided the large room. Each of them wearing very exquisite white robes, as if they were monks not scientist.

Dr Samuels stopped and said. “These are the labs in which we do our studies. Everything from Biology to Unified field theory is studied here and all work is done out in the open. There’s no misuse of any technology or unethical practices. We all work toward a common goal here.”

Samuels turned and continued walking towards another set of double doors.

“How do you fund all of this?” I asked Samuels.

“Quite a question from a man that doesn’t trust his own host.” He replied.

“But just to show you how much I trust you, I’ll tell you a little bit.” He added.

“I found this place in august of nineteen sixty four on a trip to study apes, a vacation mind you. In 1972 I built an ion device that Tesla had designed but never built. When we finished the military seized it and turned it into an ion cannon. That’s what prompted me to fake my death and come to this place in 75. I couldn’t take the fact that they turned something so good into something so bad. But anyway, we finance this place by using a few select friends to patent and market inventions that we create here.” Samuels said.

“Now let’s get in here to the meeting, the others are waiting.” He finished as he opened the door.

6:17pm Global council center.

Dew had started falling bringing a slight chill to the warm summer breeze. The smell of the salty sea lingered in the air from the cold Atlantic waters. The center was a majestic building standing two hundred and seventy five stories. It was the very first super high rise built in the United States. The building had eight large beams that ran from the top of the building down two hundred floors and softly arced to meet the ground.

These massive columns resembled a water slide they caught the strong winds from above and carried them down into the buildings sub floor parking for ventilation. Each of the eight columns sat against rounded exterior walls that looked, from above, like a flower with eight symmetrical petals. The entrance was a great archway giving way to a marble walkway that appeared as gold. Large pillars with the same shape as the building held a rooftop that covered the large entrance area. A large set of thirty-six marble steps surrounded the entrance rooftop on three sides.

A lone limo pulled up to the steps breaking the silence of the night. Jennings and Marx exited the vehicle still in conversation. Oz came out behind them talking on his cell phone. Obviously disturbed at what he had been told he put his cell phone and raced halfway up the stairs to catch Jennings.

Still huffing from the sprint up the stairs Oz exclaims. “About forty-five minutes ago Frank Cole and Sylvia Personae were reported to the missing persons hotline set-up this afternoon. Two cops started to apprehend them at a gas station and they just disappeared.”

“They just disappeared.” Marx shouted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 | 3-4  | 5-6  | 7-8  | 9-10  | 11-12  | 13-14  | 15-16  | 17-18  | 19-20  | 21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26  | 27-29  | 30-32  | 33-35  | 36-38  | 39-41  | 42-43

| Chapter Three pages 44-46