The Mabis Project | Science fiction thriller, read it online as it's written.

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 |   3-4  |   5-6  |   7-8  |   9-10  |   11-12  |   13-14  |   15-16  |   17-18  |   19-20  |   21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26
  |   27-29  | 30-32    | 33-35    | 36-38    | 39-41    | 42-43  
Chapter Three pages 44-46  |  47-49

Learn more about painted ponies

Friday, July 22, 2005

Chapter One: Pages 19-20

As we all know something of this magnitude is unprecedented, so please stay calm and keep the hope that they may return alive. That’s all for now.

Jennings exited the stage with reporters shouting questions at him.

TV announcer: That’s all from here, now we’ll return you to your regularly scheduled program.

“No answers, my rear end.” I whispered. “He did it, he got rid of all of those people just like you said he was.”

“Not here, we’ll talk after we eat.” Sylvia said.

“Ok, well I’m going to get us a ride out of here.” I replied as I hit the speed dial on my cell. When Melody answered the other line she went hysterical, she was so worried I had disappeared too. I managed to calm her down and asked about Tiffany, our daughter. She was ok so I felt good about that.

I told her that the car had broken down and they my colleague was with me. She calmed down and said she would come get us. Oh was she going to be shocked when I tell her what happened.”

A couple of minutes later the food arrived. We ate rather quickly and I motioned for the waitress to bring the check.

“That’ll be twelve dollars and twelve cents.” The waitress said.

“Here take this card.” I replied to her and placed my master card on her tray.

“What did you do that for!” Sylvia exclaimed. Waitress, Waitress, here take this.” Sylvia handed her fifteen dollars and told her to keep the change.

“Let’s go before I kick your rump.” Sylvia said to me.

We made our way outside and Sylvia let me have.

“We were erased Frank. If you run a card or anything they will find us.” She shouted.

“ Sorry, I wasn’t thinking. There she is.” I replied and waved to Melody to pull up.

We jumped into the SUV and were on our way.

“Melody meet Sylvia Personae.” I said. They exchanged their womanly head nods.

“Melody, we can’t stay at the house.” I continued.

“Those people that disappeared today, I know what happened.” I finished.

“What are you telling me frank, you had something to do with this?” Melody replied.

Then I began to explain to Melody,

“I did in a way, see I wasn’t working on a new radar. Melody, over the past 9 years I’ve been working on a top-secret project building let’s call it a super computer. But this super computer instead of using one and zero’s it uses the base material of universal matter. Ken Jennings breached the lab and seized the machine today. He made all of those people vanish and now he’s after us. He tried to have us killed, but you can thank super woman in the back. She saved my life.”

“You’re crazy, Ken Jennings is a great man Frank. He wouldn’t hurt anyone.” Melody replied. “You shouldn’t make such accusations Frank.”

“But its true, I promise you. Jennings had taken control of the entire world today.” I said.

“Oh, come on Frank, you’ve got to be pulling a joke right. Your not serious about this.” Melody replied. After a moment of silence, Frank your not really serious about this. She repeated.

“Would my clothes be dusty and beaten to shreds if I was lying?” I asked her. “We barely got out alive.”

“He’s telling the truth Mrs. Cole.” Sylvia said.

“He can’t be, Ken Jennings has been the head of the Global council for three and a half years now. He’s the most respected man in the world. I can’t believe you two are saying these horrible things about him.” Melody said surprisingly.

“What, Jennings has been a sub committee member for almost a decade. What’s wrong with you.” I said.

“Frank, you’re really scaring me with this, are you sure your ok.” Melody replied. “You know as well as I do that over the past three and a half years he has done more for the world than any man in history. You sound like one of those rebels. She isn’t a rebel is she Frank?”

“No honey, it was just a prank, I’ve been bored all day and thought I would excite you a bit with a story. You should’ve seen you’re face.” I replied with a fake laugh.

I could feel Sylvia’s knee in my back, I knew she was signaling me we were in trouble. I couldn’t help but remember what Oz said to me about changing something in everyone. Apparently this was part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 | 3-4  | 5-6  | 7-8  | 9-10  | 11-12  | 13-14  | 15-16  | 17-18  | 19-20  | 21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26  | 27-29  | 30-32  | 33-35  | 36-38  | 39-41  | 42-43

| Chapter Three pages 44-46