The Mabis Project | Science fiction thriller, read it online as it's written.

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 |   3-4  |   5-6  |   7-8  |   9-10  |   11-12  |   13-14  |   15-16  |   17-18  |   19-20  |   21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26
  |   27-29  | 30-32    | 33-35    | 36-38    | 39-41    | 42-43  
Chapter Three pages 44-46  |  47-49

Learn more about painted ponies

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Chapter three pages 44-46

Title: The MABIS Project
Chapter Three: The Great Deception

Ophysis Pyramid

“This place is spectacular, I bet it was stunning when it was above water.” She continued as we walked up the final set of steps and entered the fourth floor’s east room.

Sylvia and I entered through the large arched doorway. The door gave way to a twenty or so foot ceiling. It stretched out and met the outer wall. The walls, ceiling and floor brick was coated with gold, ancient hieroglyphs and engravings riddled the walls. The flat portion of the ceiling presented a majestic mosaic of our solar system. Large gems and stones represented each of the twelve original planet’s. They were all followed with mercury filled crystal tubes that created the illusion of moving orbital paths. The Sun was a large orange cats eye, the major constellations were encrusted with palm size diamonds.

In each corner sat large clay pots, you could fit two men inside each of them. Above them floated small orbs of light that lit the room. Four large consoles filled the room, the same design as the ones in South America but much larger in size. At one console sat a lone laptop, the only piece of equipment I knew how to work.

Sylvia and I quickly made our way to the computer. She sat down and inserted the first disk. I could hear footsteps shuffling up the stairs at the same time I felt a slight tremor move throughout the structure. Then a loud screeching sound broke the silence as the bay door opened and another craft entered.

I could hear my father greet Dr. Richards as he entered the doorway. He was shouting for her to come on up with his slight southern drawl. I looked back at Sylvia and as she typed, she remarked about the beauty of this room and asked what I thought it was used for. I just looked at her with a blank stare, shrugged my shoulders and with a little jest gave her a muffled “I dunno”. She just laughed and kept typing.

“How long before we can read that disk?” My father asked as he entered the room. He was carrying what looked like two hairnets with a wire leading down a small black box.

“This computer’s hard drive is almost to small for the disk, it has almost eight hundred gigs of information on it, could take up to five minutes to load.” She replied.

“Good” he replied. “Take this put it on your head and push the green button on this box.” He said as he handed Sylvia one of the hair net devices. He then turned and handed the other to me as he asked if I heard that. I nodded my head and put the net on.
“Just stay calm, close your eyes it will take about a minute.” He continued.

“What is it?” I asked

“This is what we call N.I.L or nuero induced learning. We placed all the tablet contents, our community laws and the work of deceased resident scientist onto crystals that are located in the black box. While a scientist is alive they can share their data with us, when their gone we assimilate the knowledge.” He responded.

“But you guy’s don’t die, do you. I mean you all haven’t aged a day.” I remarked.

“Science is a dangerous business, we’ve lost almost twenty scientist over twenty five years. That’s not a lot out of almost a thousand, but it was built for a time like this.” He answered. “Back on subject, the download is so fast that your brain will turn it into images almost like that of a dream. Think of it as a cartoonist flips the pages, the faster he flips them the faster the cartoon character moves. Just stay calm and relax.”

When I pushed the green button I felt a jolt of electricity run through my body. It tingled all the way to my toes. I closed my eyes and gritted my teeth in expectance of pain, but it never came. What did come was a surprise. Just as my father had said, I could see flashes of information as if it was a movie. Each time I felt a pulse of electricity I gained mountains of memories. It was all over in a few moments. The tingling stopped and I could hear my father say, “You can take them off now.”

I sat there gazing at my father in utter disbelief. I felt very tired though, my body felt as if it were jello.

“Don’t try to get up, detach the box and put it in your knapsacks and get the white bottle out while your in there. You can put those nets in the backpack” My father said.

“That was amazing, what just happened?” I asked retrieving the white bottle and tossed the net on top of my pack

“You just learned our thirty plus years of communal knowledge in less than sixty seconds. Now open those bottles and eat one of those.” He replied. I opened my bottle and looked down at a pint of bb sized white crystals.

“What is this?” I asked as I held one to the light inspecting it before tossing it into my mouth.

“Those are the most important pills you have in that whole sack.” My father said as Dr. Richards interrupted him. “Think of those as the gas that fuels the engine, without it your nannites are useless.” She said.

“She’s better at explaining it than me, she invented those little buggers.” My father said as he sat back in his chair and gave the floor to Dr. Richards.

She continued, “The nannites in your blood are controlled by sixty four master nannites. When you received the shot they’re programmed to go to specific places in your brain and begin producing smaller nannites which are the grunts so to speak.”

“So it’s like a frog laid eggs in my head.” I interrupted with a chuckle.

“Very funny, I see the fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.” Richards replied eyeing my father with a chuckle.

She continued. “Anyway, they enhance those functions of our brain which allows to regenerate any cell type, activate unused functions of the brain, fight illness, learn quicker, gain strength and improve performance among other things.” The master nannites use the mercury in your body as fuel. Those tablets are drops of pure mercury encased in a sugar crystal. You must take one of these a day or the nannites will stop working once your body’s mercury level is too low.”

“That’s amazing, all of this is amazing.” Sylvia said. “I never could have imagined what I know now and what I’ve seen today.”

“Now you know the truth.” My father replied. “Is the disk ready?” He continued as he turned to Sylvia. He was always one to stay on point. “About ninety seconds.” She replied.

“I wish we had more primitive equipment here, we only use conventional computers for accessing data on the net. These control stations you see here do all of that and more. When that file finishes loading we can transfer it to these stations and propagate it to the entire community. We’ll work shifts through the night to record the information to the neuron crystals.” My father said.

I felt another tremor the doors were opening again. “How many of them are coming here?” I asked.

“Six ships including the Vega, that should be Ms. Molly” Richards replied. “I’ll go welcome her.” She continued as she exited the room. “The Vega?” I asked.

“The big craft in the hanger.” She said walking out the door.

“We’ve got it.” Sylvia announced. My father rushed over to one of the consoles and activated it. A crystal screen rose up from the console and lit up like a Christmas tree. Sylvia and I walked over and stood behind my father to get a better view.

“Sylvia, would you start the second disk?” My father asked. She replied with a quick yes and went back over to the laptop.

“Looks like we’ve got part of the accounting files and a lot of email communication.” My father said. “If we can get all four disk into the mainframe we’ll be able to piece them back together.” He continued.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 | 3-4  | 5-6  | 7-8  | 9-10  | 11-12  | 13-14  | 15-16  | 17-18  | 19-20  | 21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26  | 27-29  | 30-32  | 33-35  | 36-38  | 39-41  | 42-43

| Chapter Three pages 44-46