The Mabis Project | Science fiction thriller, read it online as it's written.

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 |   3-4  |   5-6  |   7-8  |   9-10  |   11-12  |   13-14  |   15-16  |   17-18  |   19-20  |   21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26
  |   27-29  | 30-32    | 33-35    | 36-38    | 39-41    | 42-43  
Chapter Three pages 44-46  |  47-49

Learn more about painted ponies

Friday, July 22, 2005

Chapter One: Pages 13-14

“And general Oz, take him back to the room with Sylvia. When you get there tell Geo to
kill them quickly, I need you two back here to help start the transition.”

“Why are you doing this? You lunatic!” I screamed.

“If you only knew the half of it Dr. Cole.” Jennings replied as I was dragged away by Oz and another of the goon squad.

When we entered the room, all I heard was two loud bangs. I shut my eyes the sound was so loud. When I opened my eyes, I was surprised to see Sylvia standing there holding a smoking 9mm.

“Let me untie you.” She said in a whisper.

In the corner sat Geo unconscious, tied up and gagged, it was all I could do to stop from kissing her right there.

“Let’s go.” She said.

“Go where.” I replied. “There’s nowhere to go.”

“But your mistaken.” She said pointing to the air vent on the wall. “Hurry we don’t have much time to get into a safe area.”

As we made our way down the air duct, the first vent we approached belonged to the control room. We looked through as one of the goons and Geo was telling Jennings we had gotten away.

We watched Mr. Jennings grab the one goon and he started shaking profusely then just fell over dead. You could here Jennings yell, “The next one that fails me will get the same. Geo, we don’t have time to worry about those two, we have 5 minutes till transition. The program will take care of them.”

Sylvia looked at me in shock at what she had just seen.

“We’ve got to get out of this duct or we’ll become one with the building during the shift. This building has significant changes that are going to happen to it during the transition. He rebuilt this entire building in the virtual program, I know I coded the design.”

“Makes sense since you can’t see the physical changes, from above. Let’s get a move on then, I don’t want to become one with the concrete just yet.” I replied.

“Stop kidding Cole, if we can get to the elevator shaft, we’ll be safe. That’s the only other place that I didn’t change in the building. The control room was the other” She said

“The elevator shaft is that way, so let’s go.” I said.

After about 4 minutes of stumbling through the air ducts we reached the elevator shaft. When we enter the shaft, I barely got onto the ladder before the vent disappeared and a solid wall replaced it. The ladder I was holding turned bright red and looked brand new.

“So that’s what a particle realignment is like.” I remarked trying to joke, but the mood was dead.

“Let’s just get up this elevator shaft so we can get out of here.” Sylvia whispered down at me with conviction.

On the way to the top the elevator started rising. Sylvia and I sped up as fast as we could. But eventually it caught up to us. I was the first to act, In desperation I just stepped off the ladder and onto the elevator. Sylvia followed suit. I could only wonder who was inside the elevator. So I bent down for a peek, inside the elevator stood eight super soldiers. I was shocked to see them and immediately froze.

The elevator slowed to a halt and let the passengers off. We jumped back onto the ladder and finished the short climb to the top.

“Ok watch me and do what I do.” Sylvia whispered down to me.

Then suddenly like a monkey she swung from the ladder, grabbed the cable and stood on the large wheel housing. From there she jumped and grabbed the bottom rim of the vent shaft. After she pulled herself up she looked at me and said, “See that was easy, now it’s your turn.”

“Don’t think about it, just do it. Right down this vent here is the fire exit.” She added.

“Well here goes nothing.” I said as I swung myself out the cable. Once on the cable, I just looked at the rim and prayed I would make it. If not I was going to fall 500 ft. With one leap of faith I grabbed the edge for my life and hung on. Now I just had to pull myself up. Luckily Sylvia leaned over and lent me an arm. Once in the vent I laid down, exhausted.
“What are we going to do.” I said. “When we get out, how are we going to fix this?”

“I don’t know, but we’ll think of something. Right now let’s focus on getting out of this complex with our heads still attached.” Sylvia replied.

Meanwhile inside of the control room Mr. Jennings is preparing to leave.

“Geo my boy how do you feel.” Jennings asked.

“Like a millions bucks master.” Geo answered.

“And you general Oz, I know the wound still hurts, but how do you feel?”

Chapter One: Pages 15-16
Link to this story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Science Fiction books, Read books online, Online books, Scifi stories
Chapter One- Pages 1-2 | 3-4  | 5-6  | 7-8  | 9-10  | 11-12  | 13-14  | 15-16  | 17-18  | 19-20  | 21-23 
Chapter Two pages 24-26  | 27-29  | 30-32  | 33-35  | 36-38  | 39-41  | 42-43

| Chapter Three pages 44-46